Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a Myhub account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile.
- User Content that you post to your profile or account (for example, events, photos, comments, etc.).
- Payment information necessary to make or receive payments through the Services, including credit card numbers, expiration dates and security codes; information regarding digital payment accounts (e.g. PayPal); and/or bank account information such as account and routing numbers.
- Communications between you and Myhub. For example, we may send you emails related to account verification, changes or updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices, and the like. These communications are necessary and, therefore, Users may not opt out of certain emails.
Finding your friends on Myhub:
- If you choose, you can use our "Find Friends" feature to locate other people with Myhub accounts either through your device’s contacts list or third-party social media sites.
- If you choose to find your friends through your device's contacts list, then Myhub will access your contacts list to determine whether or not Users exist that are associated with your contacts.
- Note about "Invite Friends" feature: If you choose to invite someone to become a User through our "Invite friends" feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that (a) you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and (b) because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account Myhub does not have access to or control this communication.
- We may track information about use of our “Find Friends” and “Invite Friends” features through referral links.
- We use third-party analytics tools to measure traffic and usage trends in connection with the Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or otherwise in connection with the Services, including usage statistics and other information that assists us in improving the Services. We collect and use this analytics information aggregated with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use the Services, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser or device type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access the Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by or through the Services.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Services and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
How we use your information
- Create and populate your User profile and post your comments;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in to the Services;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Services;
- Make, receive or transmit payments through the Services, e.g. in connection with paid events;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Services;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Automatically update the Services on your device(s).
Sharing of your information
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Myhub is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Services (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). These Affiliates are required to honor the choices you make about who can see your User Content.
- We also may share your User Content and information with third-party organizations that help us provide the Services to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide their services under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Services, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings in connection with the Services, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Application or Website, or if other Users or third parties using the Services have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
How we store your information
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Myhub, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Myhub, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Services secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Myhub cannot ensure the security of any information you provide or transmit in connection with the Services or guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Myhub, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Myhub make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
Your choices about your information
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- You may update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of certain communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices).
- If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long we keep your information:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Myhub, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
Myhub does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. The Services are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other websites and services
How to contact us